Diwali is an auspicious occasion and we all love decorating our houses. We mostly use lanterns and lampshades to decorate our homes. Let us make a simple yet elegant diy diwali lantern which can be used as home decor.
Things Needed for DIY Diwali Lantern
- Glossy paper
- Drinking straw
- Decorative mirror
- Decorative laces
- Decorative pearls
- Glue stick
- Glue gun
Procedure For Making DIY Diwali Lantern From Drinking Straw
- Take a thin cardboard of dimension 42*22 cm.
- Use a scale and mark 4 cm distance on the sheet.
- Draw vertical lines on the sheet from the marking points.
- Again mark 2 cm distance on the sheet across at the edges.
- Draw a horizontal line joining these points.
- Draw parallel lines close to the vertical lines. This forms as the gap in the lantern.
- Use a cutter and cut out the paper sheet between the vertical lines.
- Fold and join the end of the sheet to form a cylindrical shape.
- Cut out a circular glossy sheet which forms the base of the lantern.
- In the centre, cut a small circular piece.
- Paste the circular sheet at one end of the cylinder.
- Take the drinking straw and cut them in the same length of the cylinder.
- Cut several straws of equal length.
- Paste these straws on the cylinder.
- Fill the gaps using small pieces of straw.
- Cut out the decorative laces similar to the length of the cylinder.
- Paste these laces on the cardboard length wise.
- Decorate the lamp shade using decorative mirrors.
- Take two different colour laces and decorate the top and bottom end of the cylinder.
- Paste decorative pearls at the top end of the cylinder.
- To make tassels for the lampshade, take a thin glossy sheet.
- Cut thin horizontal strips till three fourth of the sheet.
- Paste the tassel at the bottom end of the sheet using glue stick.
- The decorative lamp shade is ready to use.
Have a look at step by step video tutorial on how to make royal DIY Diwali lantern from drinking straw.
You can use this lampshade in Diwali and show them to your guests and relatives. It is easy to make and the materials are readily available in the market. It makes an excellent decorative item for your home and you can use your creativity to decorate the same. Hope you have enjoyed making the Diwali lamp shade. Happy Diwali!!
Originally posted 2016-12-02 16:46:41. Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Article Tags: Best out of waste · Christmas · Christmas Lamp · Decoration Ideas · Diwali · Diy Crafts · DIY Diwali Lantern · Drinking Straw · Handmade Lanterns · homemade · Lampshade · Recycled Crafts